Professor, Doctor of Sciences
Directions of research
- Asymptotic methods for the boundary-value problems of the wave propagation theory
(acoustic, electromagnetic waves and gravity surface waves)
- Mathematical theory of diffraction and canonical problems (formulas, integral transforms, functional equations, asymptotic estimates of the integral representations, numerical simulation)
Basic Research papers
- Mikhail A. Lyalinov, Electromagnetic scattering by a circular impedance cone: diffraction coefficients and surface waves, IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics (2014), P. 1 – 38 ( doi:10.1093/imamat/hxs072, to appear).
- Mikhail A. Lyalinov , Scattering of acoustic waves by a sector, Wave Motion 50 (2013) 739–762.
- Mikhail A. Lyalinov and Ning Yan Zhu, Electromagnetic Scattering of a Dipole-Field by an Impedance Wedge, Part I: Far-Field Space Waves, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ANTENNAS AND PROPAGATION, VOL. 61, NO. 1, JANUARY (2013), 329-336.
- V. M. Babich, M. A. Lyalinov and V. E. Grikurov, Diffraction Theory:
the Sommerfeld-Malyuzhinets Technique (Alpha Science Series on Wave
Phenomena). Oxford, UK: Alpha Science, 2008.
- M.A. Lyalinov, N.Y. Zhu, Scattering of Waves by Wedges and Cones with Impedance Boundary Conditions, in: Mario Boella Series on Electromagnetism in Information & Communication, SciTech-IET, Edison, NJ, 2012.
Research projects for students
- Mathematical modeling of the initial stage of initial stage of the tsunami- wave
(linear approximation of the shallow water, integral transforms, functional equations,
separation of the variables, asymptotic analysis)
- Electromagnetic scattering of surface wave by the geometrical discontinuities of the boundary, applications to the study to the scattering of surface polaritons