Annual international conference «Days on Diffraction»
The conference «Days on Diffraction» is a representative international forum that mirrors the up-to-date state-of-the-art in the theory of diffraction and wave propagation and related mathematical topics. It is the only annual conference of this kind held in the Russian Federation. The conference serves as the progress in the fundamental research in wave physics and the corresponding areas of mathematics such as mathematical problems of diffraction and wave propagation theory; boundary-value contact problems arising in acoustics and electrodynamics; propagation of waves in inhomogeneous, stochastic, and composite media; wave phenomena in meta-materials and nano-structures; theory of wave-guides and resonators; numerical methods; nonlinear waves. During the past few years several new topics were added, namely: water waves; homogenization; spectral theory of operators; wavelet analysis. The participants come from all over the world.
There are always many university students and postgraduate students giving talks at the conference, they present results of their research and publish them in the proceedings of the conference. The conference attracts young scientists to the reasearch.
Usually, the conference takes place in the beginning of each summer. It lasts five days, and there are plenary, sectional, and poster sessions.
The «Days on Diffraction» have been held since 1968.
- Prof Vasilii Babich, chairman (PDMI, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Prof Natalya Kirpichnikova, secretary (PDMI, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Prof Vladimir Troyan (St.Petersburg State University)
- Ms Tatiana Vinogradova, visa support (PDMI, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Ms Nadia Zalesskaya, accomodation (PDMI, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Prof Ivan Andronov (St.Petersburg State University)
- Prof Pavel Belov (ITMO University, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Prof Natalya Kirpichnikova (PDMI, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Prof. Mikhail Lyalinov (St.Petersburg State University)
- Ass.prof Maria Perel (St.Petersburg State University)
- Prof Aleksander Samsonov (Ioffe Phys-tech Institute, St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Prof Valery Smyshlyaev (University College London, UK)
- Prof R Stone (IEEE, USA)
- Prof Ningyan Zhu (Stuttgart University, Germany)
The conference organizers are now as follows: St. Petersburg State Univerity and Chebyshev Laboratory, Russian Foundation for Basic Research, St. Petersburg Division of V.A. Steklov Institute of Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the ITMO University.
For more information about the conference see
Days on Diffraction — 2016
Days on Diffraction 2016 will be held 27 June – 1 July, 2016, at St. Petersburg Branch of the Steklov’ Mathematical Institute. Parallel sessions will be organized there, the time slot for each presentation is 15 or 30 minutes (total amount of presentations is expected to exceed 150).
The Days on Diffraction conference in 2016 will be a part of the Lasers and Photonics Congress organized by ITMO University. All participants of DD’16 will have free access to all scientific sessions of all other events of the Lasers and Photonics Congress.
To be included into mailing list please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for previous Days on Diffraction participants:
Thank you very much for presenting your works at the conference, we hope to see you again in Saint-Petersburg!
If you made any pictures and would like to share them with others, please send them to email@example.com.
Please fill in the feedback form, it will only take a few minutes, we will very much appreciate your help!